<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

I had lunch with my former boss on Friday. I had purchased two of his books, and needed to get them autographed. He is a great writer, and suggested that I try writing romance novels, as I am frustrated as hell with what I am doing. As if. As I said to him, I can't write dialog to save my soul. It always sounds so good in my head, and so stiff and lifeless on the page. Why is that? Is it that I can imagine the voices in my head, and on the page it is just letters and words, or what? Or is it that I know the people I write about, and hear the conversations in their voices, and they just don't translate?
Either way, I am not getting published any time soon.
I hope his newest book finds a home soon, though. He's a nice guy.

Made me think about a bunch of things going on (and not going on) in my life right now. I need to get some things taken care of, and then I need to get myself on a budget, and then... off to see the wizard. I need to see some old friends, and I need to do it soon. I also need to get rid of these extra pounds, before I go back to visit. Gotta have a bathing suit body by summer. Well, at least not a beached whale body.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?