<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I just keep remembering that phone call. You know the one. Christmas Eve, you called me from Viet Nam. I scolded you and told you that I thought you should have called your mother. It may be one of my favorite memories. That and when you came to the basketball game and took me home. I didn't even know you were in town. I never even considered calling home and asking if you were supposed to pick me up. And I knew better. I can't remember all the times I was told never, ever to get into a car unless one of my parents had told me to do so. Never. And I wouldn't have, with anyone but you. Thank you for coming. Thank you for calling. (But you still should have called your mother.) (And she should never have had to ask me (at 14) if you were okay because you wrote to me and not to her.)
Funny, the things we remember. You probably don't even think of these things, and they are remarkably important to me. Heh.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?