<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 06, 2004

A popup window ( you know, the things that usually drive you crazy?) made me think about something yesterday. It said " Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about". Guess I won't be giving up on you, after all. I sometimes wonder if I will have the courage, when it really comes down to driving over to your aunt and uncle's place, to get out of the car and ask for you. As it stands now, I can imagine all sorts of wonderful reunions. Will the reality be something I have imagined, or will I leave Ohio never to return? Will we still be friends, after all we've been through, or will I never hear from you?
Will I spend a week waiting, only to be told you aren't interested in seeing me?
How do I make myself do this? Even bad news has to be better than not knowing anything at all. And I do miss you. You are the closest friend I have ever had. And I know that I was your closest friend for a very long time. I can't just let it end this way, and I know that I will never be able to get you out of my mind for more than a few hours unless we talk.
Talk to me, please. Give me a sign that you will be happy to know that I am still alive. Let me know that you value our friendship.
Let me tell you why I sit at home every Christmas Eve, waiting for your call, even though I know it will never come. Call me this year.
Give me the courage to get out of the car, and ask about you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?