<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The boss just came up and started a conversation with me about retirement. And about the fact that we have no retirement plan. Oh, we have a 401K, but no pension, and no provision for medical care after retirement. None.

Terry is retiring in about a year and a half. From the state. So she will have all the bells and whistles. But those of us who went to work for start-ups have our stock. What a joke that is.

It is a little bit strange to have my boss standing here talking to me about financial plans for the future. I sure hope she isn't telling me something. (High tech is notorious for letting people go in large bunches.)

If it comes to it, I can sell the house and move home. I have no idea what I would do there, or how I would make a living, but we would have a roof over our heads. And since spouse never ever goes to Ohio, (he didn't even come to Daddy's funeral) maybe I could finally get him out of my hair.

I don't think you can know how good it is to have you to talk to. And yes, I know how strange that sounds. But it is true. Just knowing you are out there makes it easier to say what's on my mind, and sometimes just saying it is enough. For a while, at least.

Thanks.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?