<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Hi

I have finally gotten a few minutes with no formals, no interruptions. I'm looking forward to sharing my day with you.

First things first, I have to tell you that I only managed about ten minutes with the heels. But I did totter all the way into the mall, stopping in the middle of the street at one point because I was on the verge of falling over. I was wearing the maroon skirt with the butterflies, and it was just a bit windy. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I, oblivious as usual, parked the car and then put on the heels. So far so good, right? You might think so if you didn't see what happened next. I had my purse in the passenger seat of the car (a plymouth sundance) so I had to kind of half climb into the car to get it out. No problem. Nobody here. Guess again. One stall over, and one row in front of me, there was someone in his car. I don't know if he was getting much reading done, as he wasn't looking at the paper when I walked past.
So I am trying not to fall, and creeping across the street to the sidewalk. The parking lot? Pretty uneven. And pretty windy, but I just didn't care. All I cared about was getting to the sidewalk without falling on my face. It took three tries, with stops in between to get my balance, but I made it to the sidewalk, and the wall of the building. (I really do need an arm to lean on when in heels.)

As I was making my way down the wall, (and believe me, I was holding on) I began to feel a bit more easy about the heels. A bit.

Then I got inside, and there was no more wall to hold on to. I made it to the other side of the store, and figured out that my right foot was doing exactly what I wanted it to do, and that I could walk just fine in the heels if only I had two right feet. The left ankle keeps turning. I need to get into the gym and work on it. And if need be, I'll wrap it so it can't turn. I will wear those shoes. Now I'm mad.

I made an executive decision - I could wear the heels and accomplish nothing, or I could take them off, go back to the car, put on the tennis shoes I had worn to the gym and do the remainder of my tasks for the day. So I took the heels off, and carried them back to the car. Of course, now I'm really obvious. After all, how many women leave a mall carrying spike heels? And I had to walk past my newspaper friend again. And then sit there on the edge of the car seat putting on the other shoes.

It gets better, I promise.

I did go in and get some lunch. I had on my white button front blouse. Unbuttoned almost halfway. The guys at the food stand had a lovely view. As I bent over and got my condiments and straw. And then I found a seat nearby, facing the mall and most of the other seating. I kept my knees apart, and my skirt was several inches above them. I was also leaning over to write down the details so I wouldn't forget to tell you anything. I feel a bit bad about that, as the boys sitting at the next table were distracted from their lunch. And I don't think their mother was happy. At all.

The janitorial staff certainly made sure that the table and trash can immediately behind me was spotless, though. In fact, I believe the same man cleaned them at least three times while I was eating. At least three.

But all good things must come to an end, and I had window shopping to do. I went to Spencer gifts, and spent a bit of time looking at the sex toys. There were some couples in there buying gag gifts for someone's wedding shower. I considered bringing you a present, but decided walking in empty handed is better. Unless you disagree. Let me know.

Moving on, I went to the music store. There I met a helpful employee, who directed me to the music I was already looking at. Twice. He was cute, too. But young. They are all so young. Pity.

I did a bit more shopping (found some really cute, really sheer black panties. I'll have to go back and get them one of these days. But I've gotten so used to going without now that they are kind of uncomfortable.) and then headed out to the car.

The wind had picked up just a bit, and this skirt is both the most modest, and the lightest in weight. So it flies around a bit. Just a bit. Just enough that the entire parking lot saw what kind of stockings I was wearing. And there were a line of cars waiting for people outside the pharmacy at the time. Mostly men waiting for their wives, it looked like.

Home, and you already know the rest. I got him to go out because we needed to cut out the formal this evening. I am hoping to be asleep before he gets in, and to not get myself arrested for battery if he does come in here again tonight. (If you don't hear from me for a while...)

Talk to you soon. Sleep well.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?