<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Hi there.
People either don't notice anything that goes on around them (and I just don't believe that) or they have remarkably little compassion for their fellow human beings. I even stopped on my way out of the bathroom to compliment a woman on her baby, and still nobody lifted a finger to do anything for me. People really suck. And yes, they are sheer. Really sheer. Can read through them sheer.

Out of the bathroom stall, washed my hands, walked over to the changing area and spoke to the woman with the baby. Walked out of the bathroom, past the cashiers, past the customer service area, past the area where they keep the carts to the exit.

Not a sound. Not directed at me, anyway. And believe me, I was listening for it. Had there been even a hint of a "Hey lady" I would have been covered in an instant. And yet, I found myself out in the parking lot. Crossing the little street to get to the area where the cars were. With people driving aroung looking for parking, and people leaving their cars and heading into the store. At least two cars drove past me from behind. And still, not a word.

I made it all the way to the car.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?