<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 15, 2004

It was an adventure, all right. The reading was great. Mark did an excellent job, as did the other writers.

Mark is just about my height, and my weight. He has a buzz cut, and is going gray, and has mentioned in the past that when he goes to parties he feels suddenly very old. He's my age. One of the writers is a gentleman who does both poetry and comics, and whose arms are covered in tattoos.

It was a pretty good crowd, for a bookstore. The place is a secondhand bookstore, and they brought in about fifteen folding chairs and a number of catalogs. I got a catalog of the other items Mark's publisher puts out. She called him the most dangerout author they have. I'm not quite sure that is true, but he does push the limits.

Mark read "Daddy's Play Party", and had us all laughing. After, we all milled around and talked a bit about his new job, and what he is doing with the new book. (not erotica, I'm afraid.)

I got a new copy of Too Beautiful. And Mark autographed it again.

On the way back down 16th street, (it ws almost dark) I was walking alone, and the skirt does like to ride up...
There were three (very) young men standing outside a bar, and as I walked past them, one of them actually complimented my legs. In a strangely aggressive way, calling out "Hey Lady!, Look at those legs!" but a compliment none the less.

Have you any idea how long it has been since a man complimented me? Because I honestly can't remember the last time.

Yes, it was kind of scary at first, but by the time I got the rest of the way to the Bart station, I was flattered. Some guy calling out to me. Who would've thought.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?