<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Good afternoon.

Confirmed plans for Friday, including the fact that I will not be going overboard on the alcohol intake. (And I was looking so forward to getting back on that mountain road while plastered.)

In reality, this will be the first time I've had anything alcoholic to drink since I went to that last going away party. Well over a month - close to two.

I decided a long time ago that I wasn't ever going to drink and drive if Maria was in the car with me. And over the years I've expanded that to attempting to ensure that the only person I ever endanger is me. So while I have been known to overindulge and then drive myself home, I normally choose not to put anyone in other cars in danger either.

Marie and I will exchange gossip, she'll let me see the pictures of her trip to London (another place I'd love to see) and we'll discuss the similarities and differences between our work situations.

Then I'll let them have dinner, while I go home and drive poor Maria crazy for the rest of the evening. Sound like a plan?

I have no idea what the heck to do about the coming holidays. Maybe some grocery shopping on Friday while on the way home from Marie's house. (I always come up with something new and interesting when shopping after drinking.)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?