<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 31, 2004

The days pass slowly, and I pack and unpack and repack my suitcase. The weather is likely to be unpredictable, so I try to plan for any eventuality, although I know that, in the end, I won't be wearing a quarter of the clothes I bring. I get the final list down, and the suitcase packed the night before I am supposed to leave. One more day in the office, and then to the airport.

Getting through security is always a pleasure. I don't know what it is about me, but I am always, always stopped. They go through my carry-on by hand, and once again I am glad that I had the presence of mind to pack the toys in the checked luggage. (Yes, they hand search that every time as well, but I don't have to stand there while they do it.) Once again they find absolutely nothing, (I really am quite boring) and they send me on my way.

I put my shoes back on and say a quick "Thank You" to the powers that be, as I am convinced each time I have to go through that they will take me back into that room, and search me. Difficult enough to have them go through the bags, and even more difficult to know ahead of time that they are going to do it, but the thought that they will take me in there and discover our secret... that bothers me. More than I have ever told you.

I make it to the gate, and onto the plane. I am so excited at the prospect of seeing you that there is no way I'm going to sleep tonight. The plane is half empty, so I have a row to myself. Once we are in the air and the seatbelt sign goes off, I put my feet up and lean back against the window. One of the flight attendants arrives, bringing both a pillow and a blanket. They are always so attentive at night.

I lean back and daydream about seeing you. In my mind, I walk into the room, and into your arms. I see your smile, and the slightly wicked look in your eyes that I have dreamed about for months. I dream up a little fantasy to get me through the flight, and the next thing I know we're landing.

One more flight, and then we'll be together. I keep telling myself that as I sit in the airport waiting to board. (I hate the airport in Detroit.) It seems to take forever, but finally they get us on the plane. As we wait to take off, I go over the route from the rental agency to the place you and I are to meet one more time. It isn't a long flight, and soon enough we're getting ready to land. Of course, I am getting more nervous with each passing second, and by the time we taxi to the gate I'm not sure it will be safe for me to get behind the wheel. I can only hope getting my suitcase and making my way to the rental place will give me enough time for my hands to stop shaking.

I grab my carry-on and leave the plane, headed for the baggage claim area. I know I need to find my suitcase, and then I plan to get some coffee before trying to convince the rental people to trust me with a car.

I pass the security checkpoint with the rest of the passengers and we all start down the ramp toward our luggage and our destinations.

As we crowd into the hallway leading to the baggage claim, I feel someone touch my arm. I look up, and see your smile. You lead me into a doorway, back me into a corner. You reach out and take my hands in one of yours, and lift them above my head, pinning me against the wall. You lean down, and kiss me. And then you put your other arm around me to keep me from falling, because I'm shaking so much I can't stand by myself. You hug me, and I whisper in your ear just how glad I am to see you. You move one hand under my skirt and slide your fingers between my legs. You smile down at me and say, "I noticed."



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?