<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 23, 2004

It is funny. I have finished (finally) the quilt square, and suddenly all I am seeing when I close my eyes are cats in collars. (and with leashes, but that's another post entirely.) I have even had a passing thought of making myself a new quilt with a cat in the center surrounded by cat toys and accessories. And, of course, with a lovely collar and a leash leading to one corner of the quilt.

Perhaps one day I'll make it. For now, I am going to concentrate on the task at hand. Getting presents wrapped and under the tree. (One thing at a time, right?) Maria will have at least a decent Christmas. Although he is not speaking to me at this point. I think he believes the silent treatment will work again. (yes, it has in the past, and yes, I know just how dumb it is to fall for it.)

So I am unsure exactly what the holiday will be like, but all I can do is try, right? At least there will be some gifts and a few nice treats for dinner. After that, it is anyone's guess.

I am going to skip the big deal Christmas Eve this year, I think. I might put together a little something, but going all out and trying to create the sort of thing Mom used to do is just a bit too much for me this time. Perhaps next year we will have people who are willing to visit us, and we can do something then.

Or maybe next year we will just say the heck with it all, and head back east to visit people over the holidays.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?