<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 30, 2004

You call, or write, or email. You send me a set of dates, one marked "Arrive" and one "Depart", and the name of a city. You add the name of a building, and leave the remainder to me.

I immediately start researching air fares, and rental cars. You didn't mention meeting me, and gave me the information I need to find you, so I must assume I will need a car. I look up the city, and get directions from the airport. I begin to plan what I'll bring.

I find the right fare, for a flight that gets me where I need to be early enough in the day, and allows me to leave late on my departure date. I reserve a rental car for the duration of the trip.

And then I try to concentrate on the work in front of me. For a while, anyway.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?