<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

You have a firm grip on my hand as we walk down the hallway. I exopect you to take me to the nearest elevator, and that we will laugh about the experience on the way down to the truck.

Evidently I'm mistaken. We walk past the place I expect to find the elevators. Of course, it is hard to tell just how far we've come, but I don't remember it taking this long to get to the door.

At some point, I begin counting my steps. Five, twenty, fifty.

You stop, and I bump into your back. You turn me counterclockwise, and I hear you open a door. You step in front of me and draw my hands around your waist, pulling me close to your back. You move forward, and suddenly my nose isn't touching your shoulder blade anymore. We are the same height, for the first time ever.

Then my foot reaches the edge, and I understand why you have gotten so short. Stairs. Blindfolded. I know you won't let anything happen to me, but my heart starts to race. You move forward again, and I take the first step down, holding on to you for dear life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?