<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 05, 2005

I'm on one of those indirect flights. We've stopped about halfway to our destination, where some passengers leave the plane, and new passengers board. I've found myself alone in one of the back rows this time, as the plane wasn't completely full and everyone seems to want to sit near the front.

Ordinarily I would have tried to get a front seat as well, but today I've decided room is more important than being the first off the plane. It isn't as though there will be anyone waiting for me at the airport. Once I get off this monster, I still have a long drive ahead of me.

People begin boarding, and it looks as though I might just get lucky and have the whole row to myself on this leg of the trip as well. I make myself comfortable, stretching my legs into the space in front of the middle seat, putting my head against the window and closing my eyes for a much-needed nap.

I feel something moving. Someone is taking the aisle seat. Well, I can still be comfortable with just two seats. I try not to appear available for conversation - keeping my eyes closed, and praying whoever it is has something to read. I stil have my legs stretched out, and my sweater over me (no blankets on this airline) and am trying very hard to fall asleep before we even take off, when I feel something strange.

Whoever had the aisle seat has moved into the middle of the row, beside me. Without saying a word, this person has slid his legs under mine. I go to move my legs, because this is getting a little uncomfortable, when I feel it. A hand. Under my sweater. On my thigh.

I look to my left,ready to raise hell, and then I just have to laugh. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought you might like some company. And I was in the neighborhood, so..."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?