<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 03, 2005

As I told you earlier, my friends are taking me out tomorrow and "making me beautiful" for the meeting tomorrow evening. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to want to repeat the experience often, but I have found myself being roped into attending a couple of other events with these same people over the weekend.

One of them wants to introduce me to a friend of hers. So she's taking me for a makeover, and a new dress, and doing my hair. And if I should ever see this man again after I've scrubbed all the gunk off my face, let my hair down and gotten out of the formal and into something comfortable, he won't even know who the hell I am.

But I will plaster the requisite phoney smile on my face and pretend that everything is just fine. And I will allow my friend to attempt to get me a date - even though I have absolutely no intention of giving this man the wrong impression.

Sometimes I think it would be easier if I did move someplace where I don't know anyone.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?