<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 12, 2005

What is new? Certainly my affection for you isn't. We've been best friends forever, it seems. My depression is new, and my fear... and until now I have tried to keep both from you as much as possible. But I can't protect you from this forever, and it really isn't fair for me to ask you to protect me by keeping me from getting emotionally attached to anyone I don't really know without telling you why I am asking.

But I have asked, and you have responded in the way only you could, and you have kept me from getting hurt again (and it wasn't even that the individual in question was offering anything - just that I am so damned needy right now.)

Thank you. For helping me, for caring enough to do so without demanding a reason, for taking the time to make sure I don't do anything we both know I am almost certain to regret.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?