<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I am waiting. You've told me to wait in just my stockings, no heels this time. You have a surprise for me, but you won't even give me a hint. Just that I need to have the closet door open, and I need to be waiting to open the door when you knock.

As I wait, I become more anxious. What can you have planned that requires me to wait without my heels? What if you are bringing someone else home with you? What if there is a delivery?

The time seems to drag by, the minute hand barely moves. I don't dare get up, as I have no idea when you will arrive. If only I was busy, the time would fly by, but having to be patient and just sit quietly and wait - you know how difficult that is for me.

Finally, I hear a car in the driveway. Of course, I am not allowed to look out the window to see who is coming, nor am I allowed to hide behind the door when someone knocks. My pulse races, as I wait to see who is coming up the walk. Lord, I want it to be you, but I know that if it isn't you and I shock someone who is innocently ringing the bell, you will enjoy the story, so I am of two minds about what I want to happen.

A knock on the door, then another. I go to the door and throw it open, as directed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?