<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 24, 2005

As I search through the pantry for the things I will need to both complete the dinner I have already started and create the snacks for your party, I can hear you rummaging through my drawers and closet. I finish peeling the carrots and potatoes and add them to the slow cooker, then move on to making the things that need to be chilled. First the spinach dip, then the sandwiches, then the hot foods. Chips and such can be put out at the last minute, but I'll have to get you to bring the bowls down from the top shelf.

You come down the steps, and I see the smile on your face. You assure me that you have chosen something truly special for me to wear, and that it is my favorite color - blue. I smile back, and when I ask you to get the bowls down, you begin the familiar refrain. "You need a stepladder to get into bed!"

Okay, I'm short. But the shelves are high, and the bowls heavy, so you retrieve them for me. I'm done mixing the dip, and have some time before the sandwiches need to be made, and the hot foods cooked, so I run upstairs to see what you've chosen for me.

"Well, there is blue," I call down the steps. "But where is the rest of it?"

What I see laid out on the bed for me is a blue bra with cutouts for my nipples, a sheer white blouse, and a pair of blue pumps. No skirt. No apron. Nothing to hide me from your friends. I think this is going to be a long night.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?