<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 03, 2005

"And bring the large plug, as well."

Oh, boy. I've done it now. I excuse myself and Arthur gets up from the booth, offering me his hand to assist me in getting up. I accept, because you always want me to mind my manners, but it certainly isn't getting me any brownie points tonight.

I go to the door and exit the closed diner. It is three in the morning and I'm not wearing shoes as I head out to the truck. The parking lot is dark and kind of scary, and my feet are becoming very sore from the bits of gravel that have somehow made their way onto the pavement.

I reach the truck, and open my suitcase to retrieve the plug and the lubricant. No matter how angry you are, you won't use the large plug with no lube and risk tearing my skin. Then I open your suitcase and find, right on top, the cane.

It is almost as though you knew I would be getting into trouble tonight. On the other hand, I am still owed what you have referred to as an "extremely large" punishment for something remarkably foolish I did this fall, so perhaps that is why the cane is so handy.

I close both suitcases and relock the truck, making my way back across the lot to the diner's door. I hesitate, because I know whatever is to come won't be pretty.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?