<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 11, 2005

During a lapse in the conversation, I nod toward the jukebox and ask "I wonder which one of us is supposed to be Santa Claus." Of course, it being the season you couldn't have made a better choice. After all, the situation isn't something you see every day. So "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" seems fitting. I wouldn't want to be the child who felt he had to report this to Daddy.

She is wearing heels, and I am barefoot (and pretty much bare everything else at this point) so I stand on my tiptoes and give her a kiss on the cheek, just in time with the music. She giggles, and says, "And what would you do if I was to hold you like this?" As she says this, she tightens her grip to the point where I am feeling a bit crowded, and it is becoming uncomfortable.

"I might stomp on your feet," I reply. "You haven't though, have you?"

"Not yet."

She gets the message, and the pressure on my ribcage eases. We finish up the dance, and again I curtsy before returning to your side.

You are looking at me as I approach, and you let me know that we'll be having a discussion later, but for now you have determined the punishment for Janice.

I see the way you are looking at her, and I'm glad it isn't me. Whatever combination of circumstances you have devised for her punishment is sure to be something that will take a long time to forget.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?