<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I follow you into the restroom, trying not to look around. I keep my eyes on the floor, which is wet and nasty, while you lead me to the urinals. I am hoping you'll allow me to continue to stand, rather than having me kneel by your side.

You look at me, then at the floor, and suggest that I wash my hands while you relieve yourself. You give me just enough slack in the leash to reach the sink, and I grab a paper towel to turn on the faucet.

I use plenty of soap, as I'm pretty sure just being in here has completely covered me in germs, and lots of the hottest possible water. I hear you finish and zip your pants as I am drying my hands on another paper towel, and you take up the slack in my leash as you approach me.

You wash your hands and begin leading me out of the room when the truck driver enters, looks at us and grins. You smile back and lead me into the lobby. I find myself staring at the floor, just to avoid seeing anyone else, and hoping we are going to be leaving very soon.

I'm busy watching the floor, and you pull on my leash to get me to start moving again. We are heading away from the maps (I still don't know where we are going, darn it) and toward the exit. You look back at me, and you have that grin on your face... I know something is about to happen.

You take up the slack in my leash until I am walking beside you and as we leave the building you say, "The snow looks pretty clean, doesn't it?" "Yes..." "Good. Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to get down on all fours until we reach the other building, now should it?"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?