<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006

By the time we make it to the freeway entrance I finish up the cocoa and prepare to lie down for my nap when I see something flashing in the mirror.

Then I hear the siren. We're being pulled over, and I'm only half dressed. I look at you for instructions, but you just say "Keep still and everything will be all right."

You stop the truck, and watch in the side mirror as the officer approaches us. You roll down the window and ask if there is a problem.

He looks at me, and then looks you in the eye while he says, "I had a report that your passenger was not wearing a seat belt. But I can see that she is, so I suppose I should let you get on your way. Is that all right with you, Ma'am?"

"Yes, officer. That would be lovely."

The officer follows your arm with his eyes and sees where you have your hand, and then smiles and tells you to drive safely before he walks back to his patrol car.

"I'll bet he has plenty to say the next time he and his buddies get together."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?