<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 02, 2006

I slink over to the corner with my head down, and try to keep from crying. You go about your business, and I just stay there, hoping you'll not be angry with me any more when it is time to leave.

"Why are you doing this? You're an adult - why do you let him treat you this way?" "He's right. I should have stopped before I got so tired, and I should be able to trust that he knows what he is doing when he tells me that where we're going is supposed to be a surprise. I deserve to stand here and think about what exactly I should have done, and why he's upset with me. I could have caused an accident by getting so tired while I was driving, and instead of being happy that he wants to surprise me with this vacation, all I've done is be cranky about not knowing more."

"So you've learned your lesson?" "Part of it. I know he wants me to be able to think for myself, but he also expects that I'm going to give him all the facts so that he can make realistic decisions, and that I'll not push myself until something bad happens just so I don't have to tell him something I don't think he wants to hear."

You have finished your shopping, and you walk up to us, holding a key in your hand. "You need to go to the ladies'room now." "But..." "Are you disagreeing with me? Would you prefer to wait until the next rest stop?" "No, Sir." "Good. Now go. And when you've returned the key I will meet you at the truck."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?