<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The waiter goes away, shaking his head, and you leave me alone and frustrated while you wash your hands before lunch.

When you return, you are smiling at my obvious discomfort, and you chuckle as you sit back down beside me. "Something wrong?" "You're a tease, you know that?"

"Yes, I do. But I want to be certain you'll be ready to relax me when we finish eating." "Oh, I'm ready all right. And where exactly will we be doing this relaxing?'

"Oh, I think we'll find a nice quiet place to park the truck before you start driving again. And I'll get my rest while you do."

The waiter arrives with our food, and we begin to eat. You're right, of course, the meatloaf is excellent, and I'm suddenly starving. We don't talk much while we're eating, but once we sit back with our coffee, you start to describe where we're going.

"You'll continue heading south until you reach Route 52. You'll take 52 East, toward Pinnacle Rock. We may stop there for a short time to get some photos. And then I'll give you some additional directions."

Well, I wanted to know where we were headed, and now I have some idea, at least. We finish our coffee, pay the bill (tipping the waiter very well) and head out to the truck to continue our journey.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?