<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 10, 2006

I must have fallen asleep, because the room is suddenly full of light, and the door to the cage has been opened. I crawl out of the cage and, wrapped in the blanket, make my way to the door of the room.

There is a breakfast tray outside with a note. I bring the tray inside and place it on the table and then I read the note. It says I am to finish my breakfast and then find my way back to the bathroom I originally used to get ready. Evidently further instructions will await me there.

I'll eat in a minute, but first I really have to pee. I go to the bathroom in the suite and relieve my poor overfilled bladder, wash my hands and face, and return to sit down at the table and eat like a human being. Tea and toast, with a poached egg. Not too bad, considering whoever was doing the cooking probably had no idea what anyone would like.

I finish my breakfast, wipe my mouth on the linen napkin and, following instructions, leave the tray on the table. I open the door, leaving the blanket inside the room, and proceeded to attempt to find that bathroom.

The house is a maze, but I know that I'll be all right if I can find the front door. I go down one flight of stairs, thinking that we only came up one during the night, but evidently we came another way, because there are only bedrooms on this level, and it is at least one story above ground. So I try again, going back up the stairs and looking for another stairway. I finally find it, all the way at the back of the house, and use it to get to the first floor, outside the room we were in last evening.

I retrace my steps through the rooms (and they all look much different during the day than they had last night) until I come to the hallway inside the front door. Now I know where I'm going and I march directly to the bathroom door and throw it open.

The first thing I see is you, and I walk straight into your arms. I bury my face in your chest and you hold me tightly for just a moment. Then it is all business as I brush my teeth and get my toiletries packed for what sounds like an immediate departure.

You hold my hand as I pick up my bag, and you smile down at me. I see something in your hand, and you place it around my neck - a red ribbon. Second place. I look up at you and you let me know that you'll tell me all about it in the truck, so I get dressed quickly and we leave the house.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?