<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 03, 2006

We reach his room and he lets me know what will be expected as my first task. There is a tea set on one of the side tables, and I am to be the table from which he eats. Hands and knees, tryin to keep my back straight so the tea doesn't spill and smelling the crumpets and lemon curd while trying to keep my stomach from growling. He takes his time, sipping his tea slowly and enjoying the entertainment on the closed circuit television while having his evening snack.

When he finally finishes and puts the plates and cups onto the other table, he begins to use me as a footstool. He continues to watch the goings on for a while, then yawns and says "Good night."

I don't know where I am supposed to sleep, so I ask if I am to sleep with him. "No, you'll sleep on the floor where pets belong." I ask for a blanket and he gestures to the open cage saying "there's one in there, just crawl in and get it."

I don't want any part of that cage, so I lie down and try to get some rest without a pillow or a blanket, but it is just too cold. I'm forced to go and retrieve the blanket if I want to be able to get any rest tonight.

I start in to the cage, and the blanket is all the way at the other end, so I have to be all the way inside before I can reach it to drag it back out. I try to do so, and find that the door has been closed and locked behind me. I am trapped, and it appears that I will be spending the night huddled in this blanket within a cage. I don't like this a bit. But I see no way out that won't create peoblems for you, so I simply sit there wrapped in the blanket and try to get some rest, hoping that when morning comes I will be released.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?