<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 07, 2006

I peek out from under the tablecloth as I prepare to retake my seat, napkin safely in hand, when I see that the waiter has arrived to refill Master's coffee. I hurridly climb back into my seat and wave my napkin like a victory flag. "I got it!"

"I'm glad you were able to find it. It looked for a while as though you were going to have to finish your lunch without it. And that would mean no dessert."

Well, that is the last thing I want at this point, so I make an obvious effort to hang on to the napkin as I finish my rice. I take a sip of tea, indicating that I am done with my entree, and the waiter sweeps the plate from in front of me.

"So?" "What is it you want, Pet? Another chance to slip away under the table? A chance to curl up at your Master's feet, perhaps? Or something else entirely?"

"I'd like the chance to help you finish before we get back on the road."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?